Local 12th District Job Growth
Local 12th District Job Growth:
We are starting to see progress in job growth and retention in the 12th Senate District. Mercer County currently has the lowest unemployment in Ohio at 4.2% followed closely by Auglaize County at 5.5%. All seven counties in the district are participating in the recovery and have had their unemployment rates fall significantly.
Here is just a brief list of some of the many employers who have added or retained jobs in the District.
- Ford Motor Company (Lima), Allen County, 175 created, 300 retained.
- Ohio Energy and Advanced Manufacturing Center, Inc., Allen County, 5 created.
- The P&G Manufacturing Co., Allen County, 77 created, 584 retained.
- Dickman Supply, Inc., Shelby County, 15 created, 111 retained.
- FRAM, Darke County, 165 created.
- Hughey & Phillips, Champaign County, 30 created, 21 retained.
- Rittal, Champaign County, 118 created, 537 retained.
- The Dannon Company, Inc., Auglaize County, 100 created, 408 retained.
- Veyance Technologies, Inc., Auglaize County, 15 created, 389 jobs retained.
- Whirlpool Corporation, Darke County, 65 created, 636 retained.
- AG Conversions, LLC, Mercer County, 60 created.
- Continental Carbonic Products, Inc., Darke County, 72 created.
- Village of Lewisburg, Preble County, 4 created, 28 retained.
- Midmark Corporation, Darke County, 63 created, 761 retained.
- Best One Tire, Allen County, 57 created, 75 retained.
- Calvary Industries, Allen County, 20 created.
- Kettle Creations, Allen County, 15 created.
- Diamond Machine, Allen County, 25 created.
- Wingate Hotel, Allen County, 48 created.
- Pandora Gran, Allen County, 2 created, 32 retained.
- K & M Tire, Allen County, 10 created.
- Ineos, Allen County, 145 retained.
- HCF, across District, 52 retained.
- PSC Nitrogen, Allen County, 19 created.